Saturday, December 03, 2005
"Will You Marry Me?"
So many people are getting engaged now in my high school. It's 100% ridiculous. These people don't even know what job they want, let alone who they want to marry. They think they know love: what's going to happen 20 years from now? They are committing to making a decision that should last them a lifetime, and they will just break up later. I can see people getting promised, and if it continues to go smoothly, get engaged later, but... good grief. I don't think I'll get engaged til I at least have a good steady job... or I'm at least in my junior year of college. I don't kow. It also depends on those people in the actual relationship. Committing to something this important when you are in the emotional throes of being a teenager could just be something you decide in the passion of the moment. People's naievety amuses me, and at the same time disgusts me. If they are going to get engaged: they need to commit to it, rather than saying, if we feel this way 3-8 years from now, we'll go ahead and get married. People don't seem to notice how long 3-8 years is! Getting promised is more understandable: but it is still a big undertaking. *Sigh* oh well: I can't change the world. All I know: is that I won't go into something lightly. It's not worth having your heart broken and your dreams dashed against the rocks. There's plenty of time for that later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment