Tuesday, June 28, 2005

When You Would D1e...

Have you ever felt so strongly about something, that you would die just to make sure that it was perfect? Like a cause, or a person, or a pet or something like that. Like, (going to get a bit religious for a minute) how Jesus 'died on the cross for us' and all that other stuff. Well- I'm no Jesus, but there are some things that I would die just to make sure that they were ok. What got me started thinking about this topic was last night when i was talking to my bf, and I heard some of the stuff he was going thru, bc basically I had started asking him some 'life questions', if you know what I mean. But it's not just him. I have a ton of friends who go thru stupid $hit every day of their lives. Life isn't perfect, but for my friends I wish it would be. See- the first thing you have to know about me and my take on friends, is that, until somebody and I get extremely close- they are still just acquaintances. Friends aren't just the people I hang out with- otherwise I'd have over a hundred friends. Friends are the people I can talk to, who talk to me, who care, whom I care about very deeply. Basically- my friends are the people most would say are their best friends. I don't know why I do this- but I don't open myself up for just anybody. I guess it is a guard against being hurt. I seem to be excessively apprehensive over that lately- getting hurt... its probably just the ppd, but... in any case. The people that I count my friends, are like, maybe... 14? 17 at the most. And seven of them aren't even going to be going to Mills this coming year. But for those average of 15.5 friends I have (lol) I would do anything for them to be genuinely happy. After my lovely 8th grade experience, people don't get near my heart easily, and if they do- then they are everything to me. And I want everything for them.

©Julie Pyle, 2005

No comments: